21 July 2021
Neuron teams up with RoSPA and UK cities to launch Summer of Safe Riding campaign!
Riders in Newcastle, Slough and Sunderland are reminded to ride safely and responsibly during the summer holidays
21 July 2021
We are partnering with safety charity the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) and city councils across Newcastle, Slough and Sunderland to promote the local riding rules and top safety tips during the summer holiday period.
As Covid-19 restrictions are lifted and more people are expected to travel for day trips and staycations, we urge all users to be responsible when riding our e-scooters. Don’t drink and ride, and don’t ride in tandem, especially with children. Each Neuron e-scooter is fitted with an integrated helmet, so use them to protect yourself, even on the shortest trip.
We will also be present at a number of events taking place across the cities to remind riders to #ScootSafe. Members of the public will have the opportunity to earn free e-scooter credits by completing a safety course – which is co-developed with RoSPA – to equip themselves with the knowledge and confidence to ride our e-scooters.
Here’s a summary of our Riding Rules and Top Safety Tips when riding a Neuron e-scooter:
- Riders must be 18 years old and above
- Must have provisional or full driving license
- No riding on pavements
- Helmets are not mandatory but their use is strongly recommended
- One rider per e-scooter
- Keep a safe distance from pedestrians
- Do not ride under the influence of alcohol or other substances
- Be aware and remove earphones
- Keep both hands on the handlebars
- Maintain a safe distance from other vehicles particularly when turning
- Park responsibly and don’t cause an obstruction
Find out more about your local Riding Rules here!
Neuron joins The Climate Pledge to achieve net zero target by 2040!21 September 2021/
Neuron e-scooters and e-bikes are launching in Christchurch soon!17 September 2021/