15 March 2021
Neuron Launches New Zealand #ScootSafe Campaign, and Discounted Student Passes!
Our ‘Safety Ambassadors’ will engage with the community to highlight Neuron’s rules and top safety guidelines for riding e-scooters as part of the nationwide campaign.
15 March 2021
We’re excited to be launching a series of #ScootSafe briefings in Auckland and Dunedin to promote safe riding. For completing a safety briefing conducted by our Safety Ambassadors, participants will be rewarded with free e-scooter credits for future rides.
Our latest #ScootSafe campaign urges all users, including students, to ride safely and responsibly. With a fresh intake of students at the start of the university academic year, e-scooters may be used by more new riders, some of whom are less familiar with the rules. This can lead to reports of some users riding with more than one person per e-scooter, and a small number of cases of riding under the influence of alcohol.
To coincide with the campaign, Neuron is offering discounted Student Passes which are NZD$60 per month. The packages will allow users to ride as many times as they want for up to 90 minutes per day for a fixed affordable price. This will result in no additional unlocking fees and savings of up to 94%. For more information visit the Rates & Passes page on the Neuron app.
Neuron is reinforcing the following safety messages as part of the #ScootSafe campaign:
- Riders must be 18 years old and above
- E-scooters can only be ridden on pavements and roads, except on-road bicycle lanes
- Only one rider allowed per e-scooter, and no tandem riding with children
- Safety helmets should be worn, there is one on every e-scooter
- Maintain a safe distance between riders and pedestrians
- Give way to pedestrians and mobility devices (such as wheelchairs) at all times
- Do not ride under the influence of alcohol or any other substance
- Be aware of the riding environment and remove distractions (including earphones)
- Park responsibly, don’t obstruct access areas, don’t park too close to a junction
Riders who don’t follow safety rules risk serious injury, Police prosecution, and could have their accounts suspended. Find out more about your local Riding Rules here.
Student Pass terms and conditions:
- Passes allow for up to 90 minutes of total riding time per day.
- Passes do not cover trips completed as ‘Group Rides’.
- Applicable for selected tertiary education institutes only
- Passes are non-refundable, subject to local laws.